Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jstella_gw

Best Blue-Green Paint Color for Kitchen

jstella
13 years ago

Does anyone have any recommendations for a sedate, but somewhat saturated blue-green paint? I am looking for a color for my kitchen. I put up BM Antiguan Sky which I really liked when I painted a swatch but on a whole wall it looks like a color for a kid's room.

My floors are dark walnut stained white oak. My cabinets are BM Mascarpone and I will have honed carrara marble countertops with white subway backsplash.

I just would like a happy blue-green that reads adult not kid.

Thanks!

Comments (6)

• kitchendetective
    13 years ago

Farrow and Ball blue-greens are spectacular. I think that range is their forte. A designer in HB recommended Teresa's Green for kitchens--I believe in the most recent mag. I think Green Blue would be lovely. Sorry, I'm not familiar with your Ben Moore color.

• compumom
    13 years ago

Check out the Glidden Professional (aka ICI?) paints. They had some gorgeous blue-greens when I was there today. Your kitchen sounds pretty!

• AHomeWest
    13 years ago

How about Austere Gray from Sherwin Williams. I know you probably prefer BM but you could always get it mixed at BM.

Basically, it's best to choose a blue-green with gray in it to guarantee it will look "adult."

I'll link to Austere Gray in our kitchen so you can decide if you like grayed-down blue-geens...

Here is a link that might be useful: SW Austere Gray

• PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    13 years ago

Farow & Ball, ICI (now AkzoNobel) and Pratt & Lambert are very strong in the blue-green, green-blue color categories. Or could just say bleens and grues. :~D

Nickle 25-25 from Pratt & Lambert is one of my favorites.

• slateberry
    13 years ago

SW interesting aqua is pretty toned down. If you google image search you can see what it looks like.

I just bought BM thunderbird for my bath, but had them add more black and phthalo blue to get what I wanted. I was too far from the SW store to get there in this mega storm so I had to make do with a BM color.

I also like Pratt and Lambert boucle--very elegant.

Myperfectcolor.com has a page for top-selling blue-green paints, with on screen swatches. I always like to see what's selling well there when I'm considering colors. I think Palladian Blue was one of them that looked good to me.

• susanjn
    13 years ago

AHomeWest,

I just posted a question on your blog about the paper lanterns. (Like the paint color, too.)