Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mnt2009

Painting Help!!!

MNT2009
13 years ago

I recently moved into a new place and attempted to paint over an ugly rust/orange color. I decided to prime (latex) the entire wall. To my horror after I was finished I discovered numerous bubbles over the wall just primed, some bubbles were about the size of a quarter. Being extremely frustrated I grabbed a paint scraper and scraped them off. When I was scraping them off I noticed I was peeling off the old orange paint as well. The primer pulled the old paint (orange color) from a previous color underneath (white). I thought maybe there was an oil paint in there. I googled how to tell if the paint is oil, I came up with the denatured alcohol test, both the orange paint and the white paint underneath the primer were coming up with denatured alcohol. Indicating both paints were latex (?) I am so lost, and frustrated. I am attempting to scrape off the entire wall that was covered with orange paint and primer over it. The only thing I can think of is the primer bonded to orange paint separating it form the the white paint underneath. Does anyone know why this would happen? How do I go about fixing this, once I scrap the entire wall. Please Help...

Comment (1)