Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Accent Wall Make Room Smaller?

Posted by EMC2011 (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 18, 12 at 15:43

Hi
I have a small living room filled with various brown elements. Dark brown leather couch and chair, medium tan walls:

http://www.myperfectcolor.com/en/color/101323_Ralph-Lauren-VM22-Safari-Tan

lamps with brownish shades. needless to say i'm going nuts with all the brown. easiest thing to do would be maybe get new lampshades but i was also thinking about painting an accent wall which would be the wall with the tv/fireplace which u see head on when entering the house.
question is, it's already so dark in this room, do i have to choose a shade that's darker for the accent wall? Also do accent walls make the room look smaller?
thank you!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Accent Wall Make Room Smaller?

If ya haven't, try the Home-Decorating board.
Very busy board for decor opinions!

Faron

o
RE: Accent Wall Make Room Smaller?

No, you don't have to choose a darker color for your accent wall. Check out this color by Benjamin Moore, it's called Stone brown which is a moody purple and looks great with brown (at least in this photo). You have alot of color options available...red, orange, etc. You might also post on the home decorating forum on this board.

Here is a link that might be useful: Benjamin Moore Stone Brown

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here