Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deconovice

accent wall/area question...

deconovice
12 years ago

I am planning on painting the first floor of our new house with ICI/Glidden Autumn Haze. I was thinking of doing a few 'accent' areas, including 1) wall in a front room that is a room open to the stairway, the wall would be almost 2 stories high w/ angled side (roofline). The other wall has large windows, the 3rd wall is just a half wall b/c of the stairway. 2) the inside of a cubbie thing built into the wall in foyer/entry (for display/decorative item), 3) the wall/area that is recessed for television mounting and/or console in the family room.

I was also thinking of painting the dining room the darker color ( relatively open floor plan but dining room does have 4 walls, is a separate 'room', and the bottom of wall is white wainscoting).

I don't want to do a different color altogether, just a darker shade of the same color. I don't know if I should go one shade darker on paint chip or 2? Thoughts on the dining room being a darker version of the rest of 1st floor?

Here is a link of that helps. autumn haze is the 3rd from bottom in far right column. In real life I feel that it has a slight hint of green that is not evident on this website.

Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to color palette with Autumn Haze

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio