Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dirtdigging101

any ideas to help me ???

dirtdigging101
12 years ago

Hi, I have a job at a large assisted lining facility and am responsible for touching up the paint. takes about two hours per day. any great hints. my biggest problem is i only need a few brush fulls of this or that so i have been keeping the paint in a one pint rubber maid container. I do not put to much in the container so if it goes bad i clean it out. but getting the paint from the gallon can to the container is a pain. any hints here or a gizmo that helps. if only there was a small pump i could put on top of the can like hand soap or body loation

Comments (4)

• bpchiil
    12 years ago

Obviously you have a computer, and Google is a wonderful tool...you have the world at your fingertips. You can begin looking there.

First idea of which I thought...

Not sure if they make a one gallon paint can cover with a pump, however, you could purchase one gallon jugs that have pumps and transfer the paints to those.

Good luck!

• graywings123
    12 years ago

I know what you are going through. I have been doing a 3-color paint job on the exterior of my house and have been refilling pint cans from gallon cans. I have put up with the inconvenience because it won't be on-going. Having a soft rubber kitchen spatula handy seems to help.

They sell replacement can lids that allow you to pour the paint more easily. There are a couple different versions, some are plastic, some are metal. I doubt you will find a pump since it is likely the paint would dry inside and cause it to malfunction.

Take a look at these, they look to have pour tops:

Here is a link that might be useful: Plastic paint cans

• dirtdigging101
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Obviously you have a computer, and Google is a wonderful tool...you have the world at your fingertips. You can begin looking there.

Done that and did not find anything that looked helpful. That is why I posted here. Sometimes others have a simple hint or idea that might work well for me.

a lot of the problem has just been getting organized as i have over 15 collors and several are whites that look almost the same until they dry on the wall/ keeping good records room by room. there was not much to go by when i started the job.

• paintguy22
    12 years ago

Why do you need to pour the paint out of the cans? Just use the cans. I usually just pour the paint out of the cans and then brush out the excess paint that gathers in the rim of the can. But if I'm just doing a few small brush touch ups I would just dip my brush directly in the can.