Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cabinet Coat VS Cabinet Rescue

Posted by pcanyon (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 19, 07 at 13:36

Has anyone compared Cabinet Coat to Cabinet Rescue?

I know Cabinet Coat is held in high regard on these forums but has anyone compared it to Cabinet Rescue?

I'm planning on paiting some cherry color stained cabinets white and looking for opinions on these products.

Here's the Cabinet Rescue website:

Here is a link that might be useful: Cabinet Rescue

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cabinet Coat VS Cabinet Rescue

I've never used either, but rather painted my oak cabinets w/ a good primer and then BM Satin Impervo (oil) and they look fantastic. Granted drying time was a pain, but they've never chipped or shown any wear (other than the edges where I purposely sanded to give an antiqued look)

o

I have painted thousands of feet of trim and hundreds of cabinets with CC. There was never a need to compare or substitute it for other similar products.

I've also used Muralo Satin Flow and Satin Impervo Waterborne. Those are fine products too.

Impervo alkyd indoors should only be used if it's not a white. White alkyd will yellow in 3 to 5 years.

Michael

o

Michael, Have you painted over white melamine with Cabinet Coat? Is that possible?

o

I, too, am painting my dark oak kitchen cabinets white and am using Cabinet Coat. My inclination would be to go with a known product. After much research on the web, I could not find one negative comment about this paint.

I am also a firm believer that the most important part of the whole project is adequate surface preparation. There are no shortcuts. Clean, sand, prime, etc. I have found that it may take two to three coats of Cabinet Coat to fully cover, as it is a thinner paint, but the final result is well worth the effort. So far, I have painted some of the cabinets and the ugly dark-stained woodwork and entry way doors in my kitchen. What a difference! My kitchen looks so much brighter already. I can't wait to get the rest done.

So my advice would be to go with a known. This paint is wonderful and will give you a beautiful finish.

o

I have painted melamine with CC. As long as the substrate is dull, clean and primed, I had great results.

Michael

o

Another CC fan here (kitchen cabs, doors, trim). Love how it looks and performs on doors and trim.

Cabinet Rescue is a new one to me, and the label looks suspiciously similar to CC's label at a glance. I wouldn't be afraid to test CR out on a small project. I had never heard of CC years ago when I stumbled onto a slightly dusty can at my local indy paint dealer. Couldn't even find much on the web. Store owner said he got 'good reviews' on it, and he was not one to say things just for the sake of closing a sale (have known him for years). Tried it on rental cabinets, several years later they still look good as new and it's become quite popular in ensuing years ;) So maybe Cabinet Rescue has yet to be fully 'discovered'? :)

CC will do well on your surface. Whatever you use, prep like you mean business though. It's equally if not more important than the actual paint!

o

Just had a painter do my cupboards( which were oak stained ) with white Cabinet Coat...he primed but dont think he did much sanding as can scratch if off with your finger nail... I am going to have to get somebody to and start from scratch with a good sanding

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here