Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
exhausted_mom

Paint in a Walk-In Closet

exhausted_mom
13 years ago

Would like some opinions on painting a walk-in closet. Most of what I have read indicates most people paint theirs white or off-white. However, we recently remodeled a bathroom and closed off the original doorway to allow more wallspace in the bedroom. With the new design, you must first enter the walk-in closet to get to the entrance of the new bathroom. The bedroom is a vibrant shade of turquoise (Rivers Edge by Behr) and the bathroom is also very colorful (mosaic tile in hues of green, blue, brown) and Turquoise Mist by Porter on the walls. This closet has a window so there is plenty of natural light. In addition there are two can lights and a flush mount fixture. Dimensions of the closet are about 6' x 7'...

Comments (2)

• compumom
    13 years ago

My closet is basically a room open to the bathroom foyer and the bath. While I painted the bathroom a light tan, I was afraid of the color tinting my clothes and I chose a Swiss Coffee color in the closet. It's boring. I wish I had kept the same color for the closet or otherwise gone for a pop of color. Go with your gut!

• exhausted_mom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

My husband is chomping at the bit to paint it white. I know that my daugher will most likely have the door open all/most of the time. My gut tells me since it's a very large closet (almost another bedroom in itself) and has lots of light, that I should go with a color (maybe the same color as the adjacent bathroom which is Turquoise Mist (Porter).

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler