Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandnat_gw

Shout out to Fun Colors/others Exterior color challenge

sandnat
11 years ago

I really, really need some help, we just put an unpainted galvalume roof,gutters/downspouts on our stucco house that has BRONZE windows and added simple stucco trim around all the windows and doors. We knocked off the dated stucco trim bands around the entry columns and two front windows and had those areas restuccoed. We tiled the front entry with silver travertine pavers (love) so between that, the galvalume roof, & bronze windows the challenge is to find new paint colors for the house, trim, doors, lights. I am trying to pick up a gray from the silver travertine that works with the new roof and bronze windows but am struggling to find the right one. I've tried BM winter gates, san antonio gray, galveston gray, ozark shadows, they looked lavenderish. Then SW dorian gray and thought I had a winner with SW dovetail LRV 27 but the more I look at it the less I like it (maybe I don't have the right trim color beside it?). Am I going in the right direction or completely off base? Should the window trim be dark like the bronze windows or light gray like the roof? Thank you for any suggestions.

Comments (4)