Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wendyb_gw4

comparing greens

WendyB 5A/MA
10 years ago

I am working on an accent wall for my LR. I've got samples of Terrapin Green and Eucalyptus Leaf painted on the wall. They both look good in the space and work well with existing green other things (sage in rug, apple green on pillows&throw, manchester tan on other walls)

I love Terrapin and am drawn to it but I am afraid it is a bit too "perky" as an accent wall. Eucalyptus Leaf has a more serene background look and seems appropriate for an accent wall, but it might be a bit too drab. Maybe just because it is near the perky color.

So I am scouring the B.M. website trying to identify something that might be a combination of both. I think I came up with a potential one -- Nature's Reflection. It has a good LRV, but I can't tell about hue from the website info. I put all three colors next to each other on my monitor and it seems to be in the middle.

Does anyone know these colors formulas well enough to comment if I am on the right track? I would go to the store if it weren't 10 degrees out today... brrrrr... I am so sick of buying samples that are not quite right. My basement is full of them! This is quite the process!!! I was thinking of blending my two samples and if I like the result, go for a color match, but I prefer to use a named color if possible.

Sponsored
Capri Home Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars33 Reviews
Reputable Home Renovation Company Serving Northern Virginia