Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sophisticated purple for bedrm to go w/med. Brown cork floor cork

Posted by mogwai3 (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 27, 11 at 6:41

Stuck on final choice (dreaded decision burnout plus snow-driven cabin fever)..... Please recommend a rich purple, not too feminine, for new master bedrm that has 4 windows, full sun. Our floors will be Malaga matte cork... Sorry no pix at this point. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sophisticated purple for bedrm to go w/med. Brown cork floor

How dark do you want to go?
Purple Rain by BM is pretty dark, but is very rich.

o

I'll check it out, thanks! Today we were favoring Violet Stone, with the hope that it stay more on the purplish-slate color than the eye-popping frosting tone.

o

I just painted my daughter's room two shades. BM Wet Concrete below the white chair rail and BM Dusk til Dawn above the chair rail, and we absolutely love it! Not too girl/femme and perfect for a girl to grow up in. Check them out.

o

Check out some of the purples in the Ben Moore Affinity colors.
There are quite a few choices. I love Sanctuary AF620 Wisteria is nice too AF585

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here