Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
color ideas for den?

Posted by renna44 (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 8, 09 at 20:08

Hi! Any ideas or experience w/paint colors in this type den? (1960's ranch). It's 11x14, and there is a single french exterior door (for lack of the right word!) on the other side of the fireplace. All walls are the wood paneling (pine?). We are going to pull up the carpet and have the oak wood floors refinished/stained w/a dark finish. I'm leaning towards a light color but just don't know how to approach this. Any feedback is much appreciated!

Image link: color ideas for den? (11 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: color ideas for den?

I know this is an old post, but are you planning to paint the brick? That would open up many more possibilities for wall color. We have a 1960 ranch with a center fireplace/chimney, so we painted the brick the same color as our walls both on the main level and downstairs.

o
RE: color ideas for den?

I have a summer home in Maine that had panelling in all the rooms. I loved it for a while and then got tired of the darkness soo we bought Kilz primer and primed the rooms one by one and then painted them. We chose a Walmart paint in Country white (warm) and we love it. The entire place looks airy and clean. Any light shade with warmth would look good.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here