Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Going Glazey! Cabinet glaze help PLEASE!

Posted by surfman968 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 12, 09 at 9:44

I have been experimenting with glaze on MDF cabinets. To save money I have been using sample paints from HD and BM and applying them to corners of a cabinet door on top of BIN primer. After priming, I sand with a 320 grit and apply a coat of latex with a brush. I sand and apply a second coat, sand, and then apply the glaze. The glaze is three parts glaze and one part raw umber.

The problem is the glaze collects in the steaks left by the brush as much as the "gutters" on the face of the door. I could keep sanding but then I'm back down to the primer. Is the solution to this problem as simple as spraying instead of brush painting?

I've read a lot of DIY articles about glazing and have not read of anyone else having this problem. The glaze in the groves will make a huge difference in the final look. Otherwise I am stuck with a solid, single color bland finish.

Thanks for any tips or help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here