Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
painting stained spindles

Posted by fabulous (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 28, 06 at 21:02

Hi-

I would like to know what are the steps to paint stained walnut spindles to white?

Thanks in advance,
F-

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: painting stained spindles

Step 1. Clean them with a warm, ammonia and water solution.

Step 2. Use a flexible sanding sponge, fine grit to dull the spindles.

Step 3. Prime them with a quality acrylic primer.

Step 4. Apply two coats of your preferred sheen with a quality acrylic enamel.

If you like satin, Satin Impervo by BM will work well. Pro Classic by SW is also a durable finish.

A skiff brush may work well for you, depending on the diameter of the spindles.

If you have more questions, I can answer them in email.

Michael

o
RE: painting stained spindles

How about you DON'T paint them. Walnut is a beautiful wood. What kind of messed up, retarded person would want to cover it up with paint? It always makes me so mad when people do that. Painting is for POPLAR, or PINE, or some other crap wood. Certainly not walnut.

Hey, I'm going to go buy some curly waterfall bubinga from the Rockler down the street for $55 a board foot. I think I'll make a tabletop. Wat colur shud I paint it gais?!

Jay

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here