Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
talley_sue_nyc

looking for input: boot shapers?

talley_sue_nyc
11 years ago

I bought boots! Yay!
I have wide feet, so it's extra hard for me to find shoes in general, and the times I've tried on boots, they didn't fit. And I'm picky.

But this week, I hit the jackpot at Payless!! I got these:

(oh, and I got shoes:

)

OK, I know how to store the shoes, but I'm mildly stumped by the tall boots.
I don't want them to get damaged. And I don't have floor space in my closet (that holds stuff like the vacuum cleaner and the suitcase).

So I thought about bootshapers.

(They make short ones that I could use for the ankle boots.) I don't think I'd hang them among the clothes, but I can hang them on hooks along the back wall. Have any of you used them? Do they work?

Or would I be better off with some sort of clip-on hook?

(I really do hang everything I can on the walls or the sides of things.)

Comments (11)

• sherwoodva
    11 years ago

Hi, Talley-Sue

Congrats on your purchase/score!

The clip type hooks will leave a mark on the boot, unless the boots are light enough that you can hang both with one clip so that the impact is on the inside of the boot and not the outside.

I would get the hot pink ones with the built in hook IF they can be expanded to fill your boots (so that the boots don't slide off. Mine are on the floor, so I have the brown inserts like the white ones in the brown boots in your post.

• graywings123
    11 years ago

I keep mine in the box they came in.

• cozyfarmhouse
    11 years ago

Congrats on the new boots!

I've never seen boot shapers but they look interesting.

Have you tried a Trouser Clamp type hanger for the tall boots? I just tested the wooden clamps in my closet and they seem to hold fine, one hanger per boot.

• bspofford
    11 years ago

I would go for the hot pink ones also. They will help keep the boot shape, and it doesn't look like they will leave a clamp mark on the boot. Besides, I like hot pink.

You shop like I do...when you find something that fits, you stock up. Way to go!!

Barbara

• ellyphant
    11 years ago

If you had floor space, a rolled up magazine works great inside each boot.

• talley_sue_nyc
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I've seen the rolled-up magazine idea, but as I said, I don't have floor space.

• airedale4mom
    11 years ago

I use pool noodles! You can get the thicker type, they cut easily to whatever size/height you need. The dollar store usually has them.

• jannie
    11 years ago

I saw a tip on TV last week. Roll magazines and stick them in your boots.

• talley_sue_nyc
    Original Author
    11 years ago

As I said, rolling up magazines is a great idea for someone who has room to stand their boots on the floor. I don't.

But I did get one set of the boot shapers w/ the hooks. They work well enough. I hang them on clothes hooks on the back wall of the closet, behind the clothes.

I also found out that if I take the ball off the end of the spare shower-curtain hooks that I have
    http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=14117768

Or, if I use a big binder ring

I can loop it through the hole in the zipper tab and hang them up that way.

• dawnp
    11 years ago

This idea is from the site that I linked on the other post. Clever!

• dawnp
    11 years ago

I don't know why the photo did not post - sorry! Trying again