Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
julie_mi_z5

Out with the old....not much new!

Julie_MI_Z5
17 years ago

GREAT day today decluttering!

When we repainted the bedroom, DH agreed to toss one of his 2 old chests of drawers AND he has thrown out several items of clothing (most I've never seen him wear). I had to give up 2 of the 4 small drawers in my dresser (and my undies are now in a tote, LOL) but I'm OK with that. It was WORTH IT to get rid of that ugly piece of furniture, and I could tell my husband would get grumpy if he had no place to put the clothes he never wears (I know, it SOUNDS ridiculous--and it is).

Tonight, DS (home from college) filled a garbage bag full of clothes for me to take to the Salvation Army tomorrow. Bonus! Part of a closet plus a tote of sweaters emptied! (That would be where I got the tote for the aforementioned "unmentionables".)

The best news is the incoming Christmas presents take up far less space that what has left this week, so I came out ahead! LOL

P.S. My other son did get 5 new shirts. For the next two weeks or however long it takes, his shirts are going to the laundry and not coming back. Eventually he's going to get down to the shirts he never wears, and he will either wear them or give them up!

Comments (2)