Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ronbre

spring and fall organizing ..doing fall now

ronbre
14 years ago

I try to go through all my more public areas every spring and fall (kinda like spring cleaning)..and now i'm doing my FALL cleaning..organizing.

Yesterday I pulled stuff off of the entertainment center shelves and rearranged them after cleaning them..I try to bring things out that will look good during the winter months so i don't have to actually holiday decorate these areas..

i pulled a cardinal figurine forward and put the cover of a winter gardening book facing forward like a picture..and put one of my box collections that has a poinsettia hand painted on a small round box where it is prominant..shelves of entertainment center done for the seasons..

today i pulled everything out of my 2 china cabinets..cleaned all the mirrors, glass and wood and rearranged as i put things back..i pulled out all the summer beiges and painted fruit patterns, and redid it with wine red dishes, lots of sparkly glass, rose pattern tea sets and tea items..and a lot of things with red in them...

the wine and red will add that festive red sparkle to the room without really having to decorate the china cabinet for either the Christmas new year holidays or even for valentines or easter..as the red will go straight through until the June spring organizing and cleaning.

i feel good about having it done..and it really does sparkle and look festive..now if i tuck in a few springs of pine in a vase here and there..it will certainly be good enough for this old couple that has very little company ever..and esp not at the holidays.

did bring in one nice vase full of sprigs of evergreen boughs and did get my icicle lights out on the porch this week too.

Comments (4)