Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
christmas candles in windows

Posted by maura63 (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 1, 06 at 17:27

This is not exactly an "organizing" problem (unless you count the visual clutter aspect of it!) but I've come to know the members of this group as clever and insightful so I hope you don't mind me asking here.....

I like the look (from the outside) of single candles in each window.

I'm wondering what you do to secure the candles so that they stay put.

I'm also wondering if you have an tricks for making the several cords look neater....

I'm aware that their are cordless versions that I may need to consider.

Admittedly I have the "flimsier" ones and perhaps that is part of the problem?

Thanks!

Maura

Here is a link that might be useful: candle

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: christmas candles in windows

There is some stuff called earthquake putty. You can find it where they sell the felt pads or things for hanging pictures. Even the stuff that people use to put up posters without tape. It's just a putty you knead and the put a blob under the item you don't want to move around.

I would get the white painters tape if your woodwork is white and basically tape the cords along the window ledge. Dark tape if the woodwork is dark. That way you can peel it off easier. I know someone was mentioning something which peels easier than the blue tape, but I don't remember. I've had really good luck with the white tape pulling of easily after several weeks.

Gloria

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here