Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
straitlover

Looking ofr a product I saw on Mission:Orgainzation

straitlover
15 years ago

One on show, they that this little plastic piece that you could use to consolidate bottles of body wash, etc. It was open on each end and you screw it on top of one bottle then flip it and screw it on top of the other bottle so the stuff all runs into one bottle, KWIM? They listed it it at less than $3 and said it came from an organization sotre. I looked on the Container Store website and didn't see anything like it, and I checked at the one organization store we had here before it closed, and they'd never heard of it. Anyone ever seen one and know where I could get it?

Comments (14)

• claire_de_luna
    15 years ago

Is it this one?

Here is a link that might be useful: bottle funnel

• claire_de_luna
    15 years ago

Here's another on Ebay.

Here is a link that might be useful: bottle to bottle funnel

• brutuses
    15 years ago

I find it so amazing the gadgets out there. I've been using a regular funnel. How have I managed, I don't know. LOL

• dilly_dally
    15 years ago

Yeah, at $9.99 for a little piece of plastic, I think I will stick to using a regular funnel.

Be careful of transferring old product to a fresh bottle. Some things start to harbor and grow bacteria when they get old. It may be better to just add a little water to the last drop of shampoo or whatever to use it up. Some things like old foundation make-up, should never be added to fresh.

When a bottle of body wash or whatever starts to get low I keep it upside so the contents come out easier. You can keep one upside down by setting it in one of those ceramic bathroom "drinking cups" that come as part of a matching set with the soap dish, toothbrush holder, tissue box cover. When it gets down to the last drop add a little water and use it up.

• dilly_dally
    15 years ago

Here is one:

{{!gwi}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Bottle Funnel

• claire_de_luna
    15 years ago

At this point, I'm feeling like this is W A Y Too Much information to help someone who never bothered to check back, or can't use the search function on Google!

• talley_sue_nyc
    15 years ago

Yeah, but we're entertaining ourselves!

• mustangs81
    15 years ago

You are right on Talley Sue.

I found this at the restaurant supply store. Unlike the price in the link, they were $2 each. I bought one for food transfer and the other for shampoos, cleaners, etc.

• dilly_dally
    15 years ago

Right on Talley! It a way to kill time while waiting on hold on the phone without getting too involved in another big work project. Others can learn some times about new things with the posts even if the original poster does not return. I've learned things that way myself.

Hey mustang, that is the one I was searching for. I couldn't find it in my search. I knew it was made sized for ketchup bottles but could be used for others.

• straitlover
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sorry I am just now getting back. We were on vacation Thursday, and I had to take Friday off for the insurance adjuster to come for a water leak I had that ruined my living room carpet and kitchen floor. And I did try to Google it awhile back but had no idea what it was called, and bottle funnel didn't yield anything for me.

That first one posted is the same idea, but not the one I saw. The one I saw was clear plastic and only cost a couple of bucks. What I wanted it for was my Bath and Body works hand soap, the thicker moisturizing kind. I have the bottle with the pump and the bigger refill bottles. I've tried using a regular funnel, and it gets clogged up because the stuff's so thick. I figured this thing woudl be easier as I could attach it to the 2 bottles and just tap it on the counter if it slowed up to keep it flowing.

Maybe I'll just fight with the bottles I have left and find another kind of soap rather than spend who knows how much w/ shiiping on it.

Thanks for the links.

• mustangs81
    15 years ago

Hey Strait, sorry to hear about the water damage. That's all you needed after vacation and holidays, bummer.

• timberframe4us
    15 years ago

try cutting your own funnel out of a used and clean bottle that has a neck just small enuf to fit into the bottle you want to fill. for example, will a water bottle fit?

• dilly_dally
    15 years ago

" I've tried using a regular funnel, and it gets clogged up because the stuff's so thick."

When pouring a refill bottle into a little bottle and the funnel always clogs...........Take a soda straw and stick in down in it to allow airflow. You may have to pump it a bit.

You can even combine those little Tabasco bottles that have the narrow glass shaker tops by using a hollow stir stick. It works like a charm.

• mustangs81
    15 years ago

Good tip Dilly.