Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marie26_gw

Corner upper cabinet

marie26
17 years ago

I am now using the first shelves of 2 of my upper cabinets for my tupperware. I know I keep things neater when they are not in a lower cabinet. But I feel these shelves should be used for more important items. Lately, I haven't been using that many pieces of my tupperware. I'm not sure why, however.

I have a large corner upper cabinet but the door isn't that large. I use the first shelf for my measuring cups and a few other things that I use daily. The second and third shelves are mainly for storage items that I hardly ever use.

Do you think I should move the tupperware to the second shelf? I am short but keep a small, cheap kids' plastic stool to get to the higher shelves.

Comments (4)

• marie26
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I put all the tupperware in the upper corner cabinet on the second shelf. Since they sit in each other, there are only 4 stacks. I use a wire rack to hold all the lids and have decided to keep that on the first shelf of a regular upper cabinet since I won't have to move it around in that location.

• marge727
    17 years ago

It depends on how much you use the tupperware. Thats a lot of priority location cabinets. I agree with you about not using the stuff so much--I don't know why either. Except maybe I am cooking smaller portions for the family and have eliminated some items from the menu like tuna casserole with swiss chard and lentils. that always produced a lot of leftovers.

We switched to just two siZes of Glad storage containers and they fit inside each other. The rectangular salad size and the large rectangular 9 cup size. I keep that in a lower cabinet in a bin that I used to store potatoesin. I got rid of a lot of the other assorted sizes of glad and ziploc.
    I pulled out an entire two boxes of other tupperware stuff and when they sit on the floor long enough to assure me I won't miss them--out they go. Its great to store flour and sugar in tupperware but aside from that --the plastic lite stuff is fine, and I can give away stuff in it, or bring it to work and throw it out if necessary.

• bonelady
    17 years ago

I use an upper corner cabinet for all sorts of misc things like ramekins, glad containers, tart pans and other things that just don't have a natural home. I have two corner cabinets and the other next to the range has a lazy susan in it and holds spices.

• jenathegreat
    17 years ago

Sounds appropriate to move them to the "not often used" space if you're really not using them. Perhaps you should downsize your tupperware collection to the things you do use?

I keep all of my tupperware in a very skinny cabinet (9inches wide I think)right next to the stove. That's the most convenient spot for me to pack up the leftovers from dinner. I have various sizes and 3 different shapes of rubbermaid (round, square and rectangle), but they all go into 3 neat stacks with their lids beside them because they are all the same brand.

I do not think tupperware should really take up that much room. I do have a few larger tupperware containers that are on the top shelf of a larger cabinet, but they're probably stuff I should toss or at least store in the garage since I use them so rarely.