Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Vacation Day 4

Posted by julie_mi_z5 (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 22, 06 at 12:59

Our whole house needs to be painted, and I really was NOT looking forward to spending another vacation painting. DH said he would paint (it was his drywall experiments that caused the urgent need for painting in the first place) but he is VERY VERY messy and doesn't believe in things like drop cloths (because it's "just paint" he says as it drops all over the tile and he doesn't wipe it up).

Well, I decided to let him do it. Did I tell you this already? LOL I'm already happy with the decision. Sure, there is spackle on the living room carpet (in spite of the fact we're NOT painting the living room, so go figure!) but it's nice to see HIM doing the work for a change!

He offered, a little while ago, to find another paint pan and roller so I could help. I said no... I'm running back and forth to the shed stripping 50 years of paint off metal heat vent covers, so I only have about 25 minutes between coats so I couldn't get much done.

Guess I should go relax and read a book. ROFL

Julie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Vacation Day 4

Julie,

It sounds like you are making progress and getting things done - and it is only day 4 - congrats!
Elizabeth

o

Well, it's Vacation Day 6, and it looks like I'm going to have to take over the painting in a couple days. DH is oh-so-SLOW and only works a couple hours at a time, finishes nothing, and makes a huge mess. Took him 2 days to get part of a 3x8 foot bathroom painted... PART of it painted... and we still have 3 bedrooms, a living room, a dining room, 2 hallways, 1 kitchen and the basement stairs to do!

He has paint on the bathroom tile, the shower head, the floor, the sink, the clothes dryer (which isn't even on the same floor as the bathroom!)... I'm living on Excedrin. LOL

o

I hope you get the day off for xmas, lol...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here