Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
trekaren

My First eBay Sale - Hope to declutter more!

trekaren
17 years ago

So I have done my first eBay listing! I'm very nervous. Starting out with 4 items, which are clothing items. I have been told to start small, and earn some good reviews. Then I can move on to some of my collectibles. I am looking forward to decluttering some of my less wanted collectibles, so I can truly enjoy my collections that I want to keep.

My boss sold a lot of her daughter's nicer clothing, got good reviews, and then was able to move onto other items.

The key for me is organizing the sales. My idea is to sell small quantities, so that I can ensure I can get them shipped on time. I also have packaged them as I have posted them.

Does anyone else have any good tips I can use to stay organized and on top of things?

Comments (4)

• Karen_sl
    17 years ago

I too have been trying to declutter and sell some things on e-bay. I have only listed about 6 things at a time. As I list them I put them in a rubbermaid tote set aside so there will be no confusion what has been listed. I have so many professional clothes that I no longer wear it seems silly to keep them in my tooo full closet. I have started my items out at a very low price, I really just want them out of here and make a little in the deal!
    One thing my post office said was to order the shipping things from usps.com and I have done that, its great to have the boxes here to package the items.
    Lotsa luck to you...
    Karen L

• silvercomet1
    17 years ago

If there's a chance that someone may buy more than one of your items at a time and they could be shipped for less money if packaged together, you might want to wait to package the items until after the auctions are done. Buyers like to save money on combined shipping! Once I win an auction, I know I always look at what else the seller has listed to see if there's anything else of interest to me, if they'll give a discount for combined shipping.

• trekaren
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Karen and Silvercomet, those are great tips! I'm having fun! I listed 5 items, and only one has generated interest. I have 3 bids and 4 watchers so far. So either way, at least I know it's sold.

I'm like a kid with a toy -- I can't help but watch the pot while it tries to boil - LOL

My coworker also said his wife likes to do 7 day listings starting and ending on Saturdays because a lot of folks shop along those timelines. So we shall see what happens with my listings!

Thanks!

• kittiemom
    17 years ago

I have a few things I'm planning to sell on Ebay; I just haven't gotten around to it. Maybe during these winter months I can take care of that. I read somewhere that ending on Sat. or Sun. is best.