Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
December madness

Posted by jannie (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 2, 07 at 9:12

Every December I designate one week to cleaning my house, one week to shgopping.wrapping and decorating and one week to cooking (baking cookies). And there's Christmas cards,too.They are done in between other chores. This week starts my cleaning week. By Christmas I have a clean house and all the holiday stuff up to date.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: December madness

jannie...
That is a nice tip, thanks. I do like to concentrate on one thing at a time and that sounds like a less stressful way to do it. I wonder though...here is where it might need to be different for me...

Shopping at our house always ends up lasting the whole month of December. I am usually waiting on family members to tell me what they want and they keep saying...'I don't know, I will get back to you'. [g]

Then it would seem to me that the cleaning and baking ideally are better done the same week as Christmas..or the baked goods are not fresh, or they hang around tempting everyone to eat them, and the house is dirty again by the time Christmas Day comes.

How do you handle those problems?

pm2

o

Once the house is clean, daily maintenance is a must, takes about 15 minutes per room. Pick up, dust, sweep, vacuum. Bathroom includes keeping clean towels on the shelves, clean toilet at least weekly, no wet stuff on floor or in tub,etc. As I bake, I freeze the cookies. But first I mail some to my Mom (who no longer bakes) and drop off a tray of cookies at my old job,etc. One hint from my Mom, she used to store cookies in her garage to keep them fresh. It was around 40 degrees in there in December, so it was like the world'sa biggest refrigerator,

o

I really like the idea of dividing up the holiday "chores" that way. Thanks! I think I'll try it next year.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here