Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Go through your jewelry-Gifts for Kids

Posted by jannie (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 6, 10 at 9:05

I have a lot of costume jewelry AKA "Junk jewelry". When re-organizing my jewelry collection last spring, I put all the costume stuff I no longer wear in a box. Well it's still there. I have several great-nieces. Today I'm going thru my excess jewelry and plan to send each of them an assortment of jewelry. I remember when I was a kid, one of my aunts gave me a pair of clip-on earrings and I was so thrilled! They were yellow and white flowers. So this is a way of getting rid of something I don't use as well as giving these girls (all under 8) a nice Christmas surprise! Hey, I saw girly jewelry boxes (the kind with a music-box and pop-up ballerina) at Toy R Us for $10. Now that plus some "starter" jewels will make a perfect gift for these young ladies!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Go through your jewelry-Gifts for Kids

Great idea Jannie! The young ladies will love your forever.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here