Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ridonkulus_gw

spice bottles

ridonkulus
17 years ago

hi,

looking to organize and beautify my spice pullout spice rack drawers.

anyone have any suggestions on where to find a collection of empty spice bottles that i can put all my different spices in so they have a nice uniform look on the rack?

also, any reason why wax paper wouldn't be a good material to line the spice rack and maybe even the kitchen shelves and drawers (in places where there is no significant moisture)?

TIA

rid

Comments (10)

• steve_o
    17 years ago

Well, depending on how nice you want the bottles to be, you can buy from places like Penzey's or other stores which sell kitchen goods. They might be cheaper at restaurant-supply houses (or not available at all since those bottles are way too small for restaurant use). Or you could try organizing stores (like "Hold It" if they're still around) or odd places like Overstock.com or dollar stores.

• marie26
    17 years ago

Or perhaps you could find a "cheap" spice rack with the spice bottles and use those at a place such as Ross or Big Lots. I purchased one spice bottle recently at K-Mart that I put salt in. I like it because the mouth is big enough to put a measuring spoon in and the top stays closed until you press on it to open the shaker. But it was $2.00 or $3.00 each. I might buy a few more for those spices I use all the time.

• mustangs81
    17 years ago

I was so fortunate to find these on clearance (.50 each) already filled with a spice. I'm sure that if you are on the look out, something will come up. How about the various websites for bottles like the link below?

Here is a link that might be useful: Specialty Bottles

• marge727
    17 years ago

Thanks for the link mustangs--your drawer looks great. I like the bottles like yours without big labels that obscure the contents.

• shaun
    17 years ago

Hey you Mustangs! You bought those at the link you posted?? I couldn't find them.

• mustangs81
    17 years ago

Shaun-Hey you, whatcha doin' here??

No, I didn't get them from the website. I was saying just look around and something will pop-up somewhere. Actually I got them at supermarket in Italy. As I said, they were filled with spice (I never figured out what spice). So I wouldn't get stopped in customs or security with a "strange substance", I emptied the spice out of each bottle and carried 36 empty bottles on the plane--which they thought was equally as strange. They did take my rock from the Coliseum-what was I thinking??

BTW, I'm coming to see you in February.

• shaun
    17 years ago

You ARE???????? Yay!!!!

• Julie_MI_Z5
    17 years ago

Would parchment paper (like for baking sheets) work better than waxed paper?

No ideas from me on your spice bottles... I don't even have matching salt & pepper shakers! LOL

Julie

• mustangs81
    17 years ago

Julie--that's funny. I don't think parchment paper would work any better than waxed paper because you probably go in and out of the drawer too much. I do use waxed paper to line plant ledges where things aren't moved often. It keeps the painted surface clean and I just change the paper periodically and throw out all the dust that collected.

• Julie_MI_Z5
    17 years ago

OK, what about white freezer paper? Can you still buy that at the grocery? It's coated on one side and thicker than waxed paper or parchment paper.