Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Portable DVD player - Need help

Posted by Julie_MI_Z5 (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 11, 05 at 6:00

Ok, this is off topic but I'm desperate!

Does anyone hae a portable DVD player?

My shopping is done except for our 14 year old son, whose wish list only includes video games (NOT happening). I thought the DVD player might be a nice idea since he spends lots of time riding in the car.

Can you re-start movies where you left off?

Anything else I should know about these?

HELP!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Portable DVD player - Need help

You can not re-start movies where you left off, if the DVD player was shut down. You can pause the movie, but the player has to stay powered-on until you start watching it again. This tends to suck battery life.

However, he can just use the scene index and get close to where he was.

o
RE: Portable DVD player - Need help

Can you play regular movies on a widescreen DVD player??

That whole "widescreen" just totally confuses me. You would all laugh to see me at the electronics store, trying to watch 2 TV's simultaneously and trying to figure out what is different between wide screen and regular.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here