Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
arleneb

It all started with slips . . .

arleneb
15 years ago

We moved from Indiana into a Tennessee apartment in May while our house is being built. When I packed to move, I had to decide if something went into the storage unit, into the 3rd bedroom of the apartment (things that might not survive a Nashville summer in a storage unit, like artwork), or into the apartment itself, to use. I had to pack summer and winter clothes for the apartment. Needless to say, it was a bear of a project, especially going from a largish house to a smallish apartment.

When I unpacked winter clothes and packed summer ones, I never found the two slips I'd packed. They specifically went with the skirts I brought to the apartment. The bureau with underwear, nightwear, and some sweaters has been a jumbled mess for three months. So today, in quest of the elusive slips, I went through and reorganized 3 bins of packed clothes. No slips. Dumped every bureau drawer and ORGANIZED them. Finally found the slips under some swimsuits in the bottom drawer.

I can't tell you how thrilled I am to open a drawer and actually find what I'm looking for. No more rummaging. No more wondering if I have one more pair of clean sox in there somewhere. No more looking for those d#%& slips!!

Okay, in comparison to the state of the economy and world peace, it's not much . . . but, boy, has it made my life easier!!

It's 11:00 p.m. Do you know where your slips are??

Arlene

Comments (6)