Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need hamper solution.. please help..

Posted by roorezzi (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 5, 06 at 22:09

I need some sort of hamper solution for my bedroom. I would like something that has some separation, and also look nice. I am the only one that does wash and it is in my basement (hopefully moving it upstairs next year.) Since I work full time, I don't get to do laundry as much as I would like. So I need some solution that will hold a decent amount of clothes.

I wish there was room in the closet, but theres just no room.

I was hoping other people have hampres out int he open and would have some suggestions.

Thanks in Advance!
Ruth :-)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need hamper solution.. please help..

Heres a white wooden double hamper, 35 inches wide, thats particularly nice, because it tilts out, which means you can use it as a nightstand or console table, etc.

Theres a slightly narrower double, a triple, and a quadruple.

Ive used this company HomeDecorators.com--several times (in fact, I have a cabinet thats also "Hampton Bay," and its quality is fine. Its assemble-yourself, but its strong enough, and attractive)

In fact, if you DO decide to order from that company, e-mail me, and Ill give you my 15% off code that they just sent me (Im not going to use it)

Home Decorators also has other tilt-out hampers (one w/ a drawer), and other plain, lift-the-lid hampers.

Heres a really furniture-looking stylecarving, curved legs, cherry wood look.

They have a Craftsman-style one, as well. Do a search on "hamper," and see what you find.

o

I have purchased those from home decorators and they work well, they are a devil to put together however.

o

For years I used an end of the bed bench that opened on the top for our hamper. It would be easy enough to divide the middle but I never bothered..

Maddie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here