Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
storage end tables

Posted by crayallica (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 10, 07 at 17:37

I'm trying to find end tables with a door for storage. I'd like a big cube shape with a door to store my scrapbooks. They must be tall enough to accomodate my lamps, say 20" high and must be at least 15" deep to hold my scrapbooks.
A door is necessary, because if they are exposed my 3 and 5 year old would constantly be pulling them out. Any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: storage end tables

I don't know what your style is or price range, but here's something.

Here is a link that might be useful: End Table

o

Have you considered ottomans?? I know you say you wanted a door, but they're very kid friendly. And they can double as seating if you have extra guests over.

I just mention them because I was looking for exactly what you are, for the same reasons. Storage, and kid friendly. I watch little ones all day. I couldn't find what I wanted, so I got one cheapo ottoman to be temporary, and now I have 3! If the kids play around them, they don't get scratched, if they fall back into them, it doesn't hurt them.

I have the ones where the lids can be removed and flipped over and used as a table. That way lamps or pictures can be placed on them.

I'm not sure if thats your style, or if you've already decided against it. Just thought I'd mention an alternative if you can't find what you're looking for.

o

a Google or Shop.com search on: "end table" + door (or perhaps "side table" + door)

will find you lots of ideas.

That www.homedecorators.com link above is to a site with lots of mail order tables in many different styles--ornate European carving; painted American country; etc.; I've used some of their "assemble it yourself" stuff, and it's just fine.

Here is a link that might be useful: here's a pretty one! from someone else

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here