Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mvastian

music to work to...

mvastian
16 years ago

We've had this discussion before, I thought I'd share this list I found on Hallmark Magazine.

Maria

Here is a link that might be useful: musical chores

Comments (18)

• mvastian
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ok, I don't work for them or anything, but I thought that someone here might find this useful as well...

Maria

Here is a link that might be useful: how to hang a heavy mirror

• western_pa_luann
    16 years ago

Links don't work.

Is it me, or are they wrong?

Here's what I get-----

"Hallmark Online

We're Sorry...
    A technical problem on our end has interrupted your shopping session. We apologize for the inconvenience.

If you were trying to place an order:
    If you do not receive an order confirmation e-mail within 30 minutes, then your order has NOT been placed and your credit card will NOT be charged.

To complete your order, re-enter your order information on www.hallmark.com

If you were browsing or trying to enter Hallmark.com:
    Your Web address (URL) did not connect with the Hallmark.com site. Please click the link below. If you still cannot connect, we may be experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again in a few minutes.
    www.hallmark.com"

• bspofford
    16 years ago

So, if we are going to work to music, what is your favorite? I have two favorite guys help me do all sorts of stuff around the house.... Neil (Diamond) and of course the King.

What's yours?

Barbara

• mvastian
    Original Author
    16 years ago

It seems they have it set up so if you link to an item in the magazine site it redirects you to the shopping site.
    Sorry, I didn't check if the links worked before posting. Here are the contents copy-pasted.

Maria

Musical Chores
    Kari Hansen of Denver shares her 5 tunes for tackling a to-do list.

"Roam" by The B-52Âs.
    "I channel the wacky video as I harmonize with this songÂit can make quick work of almost any dull task."

"Something So Strong" by Crowded House.
    "This song is funky, sweet and has a chorus thatÂs perfect to rock out (and clean!) to."

"Come On Eileen" by Dexys Midnight Runners.
    "No matter what chore IÂm facing, this infectious song brings a stomp to my step and a smile to my face."

"Yellow" by Coldplay.
    "ThereÂs nothing like a touch of angst to get me through a pile of dirty dishes."

"There She Goes" by The LaÂs.
    "I just have to mop along to this simple and melodic songÂitÂs completely catchy, and so darn good!"

HALLMARKMAGAZINE.COM © 2006 Hallmark Publishing. All rights reserved.

What is your favorite song to do chores to?

Posted by : SASSYCHIC Thu, Oct 18, 2007 : 04:52 PM EDT
    I have the Michael Jackson HISTORY cd. I love it. I can get a lot done when I'm cleaning while listening to the entire set. A couple of other favorites are Janet Jackson's Design of a Decade and Best of Motown...it is a 3 disc set that has a lot of classics to keep you going.

Posted by : BEARWUZHERE Mon, Sep 17, 2007 : 10:57 AM EDT
    :) Jordan Knights cd "Love Songs"!!!! It is a remake of 80's songs such as "Waiting For You", "Tender Love" and some new songs from Jordan. You know when a cd is great when you can clean your entire house with it. This cd is excellent and I mop and sing, scrub and dance. You got to try it!!! :)

Posted by : HAPPY5482 Fri, Sep 07, 2007 : 04:14 PM EDT
    "Behind the Clouds" sung by Brad Paisley has an interesting, mellow upbeat country feeling you can relax and enjoy listening to while doing chores. It helped me get through massive house chores."What You Own" from the musical RENT has a confident tune and rhythm that helps me get through the never-ending chores with a boost of confidence."Top of the World" by the Carpenters is another mellow upbeat song that relaxes me when I do the leftover chores."The Way You Look Tonight" is what I listen to lastly so I can calm down and rest myself. The music is soothing and mellow that music like this calms the mind, body and spirit.

• mvastian
    Original Author
    16 years ago

...copy-pasted:

WouldnÂt You Like to Hang a Heavy Mirror Like a Carpenter? By Virginia Sole-Smith

Illustrations by Cathy Liesner (To be able to see the illustrations use the following link:) http://www.hallmark.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/article:10001:10051:/HallmarkSite/HallmarkMagazine/Inspire/Print/INS_HANG_MIRROR_PRINT

Paul DiMeo, carpenter on ABCÂs Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, is here to help you hang any mirror (or work of art) bigger than 36 inches in length or width by using a French cleat. "ItÂs a simple carpentry solution thatÂs been around for hundreds of years," he assures. First, cut 2 pieces of ¾-inch-thick, 3-inch-wide plywood 12 inches shorter in length than the mirror is wide.

1. Cut a 45-degree angle along the length of one side of each board. Find the top center point of where the mirror should hang on the wall; measure down 6 inches. Use a level to draw a horizontal line.

2. Mark your studs on the line. Hold one board (angled side up) so the bottom edge is even with the line. Predrill your holes and use two 3-inch screws to secure the board to the wall at each stud it hits.

3. Line up the top edge of the other board (angle side down) with the top edge of the back of the frame. Screw in place. To hang, slide the top half of the French cleat (on mirror) onto the bottom half (on wall).

HALLMARKMAGAZINE.COM © 2006 Hallmark Publishing. All rights reserved.

• mvastian
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I like to dust, change sheets, swiffer the floors and tidy in general to jazz. "The Jazz Album 2003" by Universal in particular (N.Cole, F.Sinatra, D.Krall, N.Simone, L.Armstrong, E.Fitzgerald among others...)

For harder stuff I love country music.

Maria

• pinktoes
    16 years ago

I need a huge and continual frenetic BOOST for cleaning. I play the soundtrack from Beverly Hills Cops, or Saturday Night Fever, Flashdance, or Footloose. (Did I mention that I'm a delapidated old ballroom dancer/teacher? Yeah, we hung out in the nightclubs to do the fun dancing. Now that I'm an orthopedic nightmare, I dance rather tamely--and lamely-- with my mop!)

• marie26
    16 years ago

For me, it's talk radio. DH had accidentally spilled coffee on my XM a few weeks ago and the new one came yesterday. To be truthful, I only subscribe so that I can listen to my one talk radio station that we used to get here but was taken off for heavy rock.

• talley_sue_nyc
    16 years ago

I like Willie Nile, Bruce Springstee, the Stray Cats, and country music.

Something lively, with a little beat. But friendly--not aggressive.

• southernsurfergirl
    16 years ago

I work to music from Footloose, too. When I work, I also listen to Muse, Cansei de ser Sexy, Apollo 440, and Ok Go. Their music is very fast-paced and energetic. When I work on my sewing projects, I listen to Radiohead and Eric Clapton.

• bags
    16 years ago

I'm a fan of the OK Go! Gotta love it. Jet is also a favorite followed by Ben Kweller and Chris Merritt. I cannot clean without these fellas.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cool organization stuff here...

• jannie
    16 years ago

Any Beatles album gets me going.

• addicted2wsing
    16 years ago

Call me crazy but my favorite cleaning music is anything by Pavarotti.

• wantoretire_did
    16 years ago

BeeGees - Saturday Night Fever always gets me going....

• beezy_junker
    16 years ago

My favorite is the soundtrack to the movie "The Big Chill"

• blue_velvet_elvis
    16 years ago

The B52's here too. I love the song Housework!

• mccall
    15 years ago

I know this is an old thread but I had to post this. One of the very best CD's to actually clean to is Peaches and Cream it is a collection of John Phillip Sousa pieces and it gets you movin!

• gayle0000
    15 years ago

Okay, I'm weird. I don't clean to music. I clean to DVD's. I put in favorites that I've seen a million times and don't have the urge to sit down and watch...it's more comforting just to have them going in the background. Whenever I walk past the TV, I know exactly what's going on so I don't stop & watch. Some of my housework movies are:

About Last Night - Moving in together, complications, sorting through "stuff" and relationship stuff...perfect for making me sort & organize and get things cleaned up.

Flashdance - music & dancing.

Footloose - music & dancing.

Selena - music & dancing.

Something's Gotta Give - I just love the decor and the beautiful home/movie set motivates me to get mine in order.

Gayle