Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Laundry room basket stacker

Posted by lazygardens (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 19, 10 at 15:51

The incomparable Ana White does it again.

http://ana-white.com/2010/11/laundry-basket-dresser.html

She blames her sisters.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Laundry room basket stacker

The peeps at elfa/cont store suggested a similar setup for me a couple years ago. It was a great idea then and it's a good idea now. Love the ability to separate in more than two or three piles piles -- can even keep the fuzzy items away from the non-fuzzy to prevent pilling. Good stuff!

o

I wanna be Ana White!

And I want a pocket-hole jig.

o

this set up reminds me of the IKEA TROFAST system. just bought 2 units for my kids room.

Maria in Greece

o

I love it! I did something similar with my kids CLEAN clothes. I bought heavy duty plastic shelves that hold 2 baskets per shelf. In all they each hold 8 baskets. Clean clothes come out and get sorted into the appropriate basket. I have 3 boys and the "categories" are identical on each shelving unit, in the same place, so I don't have to think about it when I sort.

They have the option to either take things to their rooms and put them in their dressers, or just get dressed in the basement straight out of the basket. Can you guess which option they use? LOL

o

LOL mvastian!

As soon as I saw the blog from the OP, I thought "she copied the IKEA system"....

Here is a link that might be useful: trofast

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here