Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
des_arc_ya_ya

Sight/Unsee (Men vs. Women)

des_arc_ya_ya
14 years ago

Just finished cleaning out a hall/coat closet (see other post). When I finished I said to my husband, "Man! That looks better!" He agreed that it did. Then I said, "Don't you just feel lighter knowing all that stuff is gone out of here?" His response? "As long as the door is shut and it's out of sight, I don't even remember that it's there!" I laughed and asked him, "Didn't you hear it doing this (knocking on the table by me) last night!!?"

Men, ya gotta luv'em - they're just wired differently, I guess.

Comments (12)

• des_arc_ya_ya
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Sorry for the typo - that should read "Sight/Unseen", of course. Duh! LOL

• caroline94535
    14 years ago

Oh I do know what you mean, YaYa. It makes me feel so much lighter when I get empty spots, glorious empty spots, in the house.

...and ya gotta lov'em...cause you can't just leave them on the side of the road! LOL

Actually, I did leave one on the side of the road (167 between Jacksonville and North Little Rock) once. After being constantly berated for my "lack of driving skills", (I hadn't gotten any tickets and was hauling his sorry arse around because he got a DUI and lost his license) being berated for my choice of car (which I paid for) and numerous other rantings, I'd had enough. Enough, enough, enough. LOL

The look on his face when I quietly pulled over and said "get out of my car" is one of those priceless moments in time. He got out; I drove off, and that was that.

Very liberating. Clutter control at its finest.

• claire_de_luna
    14 years ago

Both your stories are priceless. Thanks for sharing!

• donnawb
    14 years ago

Great story.

• ronbre
    14 years ago

i'm funny, i don't even want it stored in the house..but sure i do feel better when it is put away..a place for everything..
    \ my husband seems to be really poor about putting things away in the RIGHT place..he'll put it where he wants to..even if that isn't where he got it or we are used to storing it..if he even puts it away..so i can never find things after he has used them.

but husband has short term memory loss..so if it is his and i put it away, he won't be able to find it again..he wants everything where he can see it so he knows where it is

• des_arc_ya_ya
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Glad to know that others can relate! LOL

Caroline, it's a shame that we never got together while you were still in Arkansas!!! LOL I bet we could have stirred up some trouble!

• graywings123
    14 years ago

Caroline - you are my hero!

• bspofford
    14 years ago

Worthy of a big guffaw, Caroline. You should get together with the lady on an old post about 'the best thing you ever got rid of'......she said it was her mother in law and and her (MIL's) sorry a**ed son.

I still laugh about the older post, and this will only add to the chuckle.

Barbara

• Adella Bedella
    14 years ago

Caroline, that story is even funnier because I've driven that stretch of road a few times. I can picture the area.

My dh and I don't think alike in the cleaning organizing area either. A cleaned out space at my house just means more room to bring in clutter and mess it up. My kids think on the same level.

• caroline94535
    14 years ago

"Trouble?" Des Arc? We would have been incarcerated! LOL

I know we would have had a blast. Next time I'm home, we must get together with our mutual friends...or not! LOL

Barbara, do you have a link to the story? I missed it. Yes; that was one of the major turning points of my life. no more being ridiculed every time I turned around. No more allowing anyone to control my daily life. Thankfully I didn't have kids and was simply able to just walk away. I left for Spain not long after that and never looked back.

• des_arc_ya_ya
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I'd love to, Caroline! Holler when you're heading this way, wouldya!?

• bspofford
    14 years ago

It was a thread started on Oct, 2007. I don't know how to do that type of link, but if you go to the search box and put in 'it was so liberating to get rid of' You will find it.

Enjoy!

Barbara