Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anniedeighnaugh

Paper napkin storage?

Annie Deighnaugh
9 years ago

I have lots of decorative paper napkins. Some are luncheon size, but most are cocktail. Some are holiday or season specific. Any suggestions on how to store them so they are easily selected for color, kept clean and un wrinkled yet easily accessed? I'm thinking maybe stacking them on end in a narrow box...sometimes they are part packs, sometimes multiple packs...sometimes odds and ends.

What do you do?

Comments (13)

• emma
    9 years ago

I just buy the common bounty napkins and store them in a decorative napkin holder, with a cut out in the front for easy 1 napkin access.

• lazy_gardens
    9 years ago

Put them into ziplock bags, put the bags in a box.

You can sort through them without messing them up.

You could even sort by season and put in dividers ... but that's a bit too organized.

• western_pa_luann
    9 years ago

I store holiday napkins with the holiday decorations.
    The rest I keep in a decorative hinged box, on the server in the dining room.

Everyday kitchen napkins are on the kitchen table, with the stash in the kitchen bench.

• talley_sue_nyc
    9 years ago

I agree w/ the ziplock bags; maybe even cut a piece of cardboard to go in there.

Bcs if you store them on end, they will wrinkle and be worthless.
    But, storing them on end makes them easy to access, etc.--it'll work like file folders, then, you can flip through them.

• grainlady_ks
    9 years ago

I went through my storage box of paper napkins recently and sent the odds and ends out to work with hubby and he put them in the break room. They all get used.

• grandmamary_ga
    9 years ago

I found a napkin holder in a garage sale. It keeps the everyday paper napkins flat and neat. Holiday napkins I keep them stored with my holiday dishes in plastic zip type bags. Works for me.
    Mary

• emma
    9 years ago

Sorry I did not understand your question when I replied. I don't save my holiday paper napkins we continue to use them even when the holiday is over. I would just end up with a mismatched bunch of napkins the next holiday.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you all for the suggestions. I've done the shoe box thing so they line up like files and it seens to work...at least so far. Thanks!

• talley_sue_nyc
    9 years ago

I think my answer was unclear. I was suggesting the zip-lock bag and cardboard in order to protect and support them while they're on end, so they won't wrinkle, and to keep them clean.

it also means you can pick up the whole bunch at once easily, without worrying about dropping them.

Did I make any sense before?

and I think you're smart to "file" them this way--then you don't have to lift up some to get to others. You'll be more likely to use them.

• oldfixer
    9 years ago

Plain white for everything.

• mrspete
    9 years ago

I always buy holiday napkins (and plates and other disposables) when they're on clearance after the holiday.

I keep them on the top shelf of the cabinet above my washer/dryer. Since I'm very short, I can't use this shelf for anything else anyway, and I don't mind pulling out a stool to retrieve my holiday goodies.

I also store holiday-themed cupcake liners, sprinkles, serving trays, and other food-related holiday goodies in this area.

• cooperhillfarm
    2 years ago

OXO clear square storage containers works for the cocktail and luncheon size. Still searching for the long rectangle size