Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sapphire6917

What's in your drawers? (X-Post)

sapphire6917
10 years ago

Hi Everyone!

I am in what I hope to be the final stage of my master bathroom creation and I think I may have gone overboard with the storage. The vanity is a converted desk with four drawers and a flip down, I have two medine cabinets flanking the mirror, there's a built in cabinet on the other side of that wall and, in addition to a few wall shelves, I will have a hall closet specifically designated for the master. As I started to think about what would go where, I realized I may have more storage than stuff! I went online to see what kinds of things people are keeping in their vanities so I figured I'd ask the folks here what they store in their drawers. Pictures would also be helpful!

Thanks!

Comments (4)

• grainlady_ks
    10 years ago

We keep our travel bags (cosmetic/shave) in a drawer in our master vanity. They are filled with travel-size things, and are handy for adding toiletries or last minute add-ins. I also keep a small basket of travel-size replacement products in that same drawer. The basket can be placed in a guest bathroom when we have visitors, should they need something, so it has double duty.

-Grainlady

• emma
    10 years ago

I have double sinks in my master bath, with a section of drawer in the middle. The top drawer has things like tooth brushes, make up, comb and brush etc.. Second drawer sleep wear and underwear, the bottom drawer has socks in them. That is all the drawer space I have in that bathroom but, I have shelves and drawers in my walk in closet.

• sapphire6917
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for the responses!

I have storage space in the guest bathroom and now I know what I can put in there! Thanks, Grainlady!

EmmaR, I have to say I have never heard of anyone keeping socks and underwear in the bathroom vanity but it makes perfect sense!!

I think I'm going to put the things I use everyday in the top drawers, fill up the hall closet with the extras and see what's left over to go into the bottom drawers.

• emma
    10 years ago

I am a very practical person, that is where I dress so I store what I can there. If I ever have another home built I will only have one sink and 2 stacks of drawers under the vanity. I don't have a dresser in my bedroom, I have storage on the side of the deck bed and under the bed. I have a large TV sitting on a wooden table at the end of my bed, so no room for a dresser even if I wanted one.

And I only have 3 chairs in my living room, no sofas. Makes my living room look larger.

This post was edited by EmmaR on Sat, Nov 23, 13 at 19:37

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County