Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Christmas shopping begins

Posted by jannie (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 21, 06 at 9:44

I love/hate Christmas shopping. Actually,the only part I hate is the crowds. This Friday is Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, the traditional day to go Christmas shopping. Well, I'll be shopping but I'm not leaving the house. I have all my catalogs ready, I'll be going thru them making lists. And I won't even place any orders yet. That part can wait for next week. I prefer to place phone orders rather than making online purchases. I like to ask questions-make sure the items are in stock, how long for delivery,etc. And I don't like typing in my credit card info. I don't like my credit cards floating around in cyber-space. Yes, I know I'm taking a (small) risk telling my info over the phone to customer service reps. But this method works for me. And Happy Thanksgiving to All!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Christmas shopping begins

Sounds like a good plan. I hate crowds and have never gone out on black Friday. We live smack dab in the center of town and between Thanksgiving and Christmas it can take 30 minutes to drive 6 blocks. It's torture for me.

I set a date with each of my three younger kids for Sundays between Halloween and Thanksgiving. Three Sundays, three kids. We get some one on one time and eat out (big treat) and get shopping done for their siblings and dad. I went one day to Toys R Us and got the desired items before everything was picked over or the crowds formed. They've gotten all of their gifts wrapped and ready to go. Now, I just have to get my stuff wrapped.

We won't get a tree until mid-December, but otherwise I'm pretty much done for this year.

Gloria

o

I like online, bcs I have high-speed at work, and somehow I never get to the phone if I do it at home.

I already have a couple of things for DS, but no ideas at all for DD.

I find that if I shop too early, I end up buying MORE, because I miss the hubbub of shopping in stores, and I'll go out and buy a second round of presents.

I also like store shopping because I am often bereft of ideas. And sometimes I'll see something I think is great, that I would never have thought of on my own.

o

Tha majority of mine is done, I think all that's left is 4 kids and my two sons (my sons are the hardest since they don't need clothes and they're beyond toys), and their godfather's wife (always a challenge).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here