Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Getting Started

Posted by flower_153 (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 15, 08 at 2:53

I have been reading books and this board daily.
I have so much STUFF.I am a bit overwhelmed to say the least. I want a clean and functional home.
I don't know where to start.
Thank you for all your great posts, they inspire me to get my butt moving.
I would appreciate any and all suggestions on getting started.
Have a wonderful weekend all!
God Bless.
MaryBeth

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Getting Started

Should I take before and after pics?
Thanks.
MaryBeth

o

Post pics if you're brave enough! LOL!

But seriously, getting started is the hardest part (or maybe the hardest part is acknowledging there's a problem?).

Having stuff isn't always the issue--making sure you're organizing it efficiently is an important thing. But many people eventually realize that they can do with less and hardly miss (or even remember!) the stuff they dispose of (either through selling or donating).

o

I would start by getting rid of the stuff you don't want first. I also find that things don't take as long as you think they will. If and when you get overwhelmed, just do 15 minutes at a time. Sometimes you get on a roll and want to do more.

o

I would start by getting rid of all the trash... including broken items, stained clothes, etc.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here