Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
des_arc_ya_ya

Where do you store canned drinks?

des_arc_ya_ya
18 years ago

I bet I move them every two months! LOL I've tried leaving them in the boxes that they come in and just putting them on the kitchen cabinet and that looks tacky and takes up room! Right now I take them out of their boxes and store them in two large terra cotta pots on the cabinet by the microwave. Do you guys devote a space in your cabinets or where do you put them?

Comments (13)

• des_arc_ya_ya
    Original Author
    18 years ago

pop cans - sorry, guess I expected everybody to just read my feeble mind! LOL

• sheriz6
    18 years ago

I store the soda cans in their boxes, upright, next to the pantry. We have a little jog in the wall between the doorway and the cabinetry, and I can stand four of the tall skinny boxes there easily. It doesn't look great, but it's functional.

• des_arc_ya_ya
    Original Author
    18 years ago

See, I don't have a pantry, as such. Hate to take up valuable space in my lower cabinets for 24-36 cans of soft drinks, but guess if I want them off the cabinet top, that's what I'll have to do.

• marie26
    18 years ago

My garage is just off the kitchen and there are two steps you need to walk up to get to the kitchen. The steps are wider than the door so I leave the boxes on one side of the lower step. I also leave the water bottles there.

• Julie_MI_Z5
    18 years ago

Pop cans stay in their skinny box-dispenser on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator. The boxes are narrow enough we can stack them two high next to gallons of milk.

We buy multiple cases of 36-count bottled water, and they sit on top of the bookshelf in the basement. It's not a good plan, but the bookcase is sturdy and it's easier than lifting them off the ground to re-stock the fridge.

• jannie
    18 years ago

Luckily I have two large closets and store canned/bottled beverages on the floor of each. The only bad thing is these closets are not near my kitchen. I have to walk down/and then back up a flight of stairs to get drinks up.

• maddiemom6
    18 years ago

I was just considering this in our kitchen plan.... as much as I would like to say we don't drink much of this c*ap we do... so I just planned in two large heavy drawers in the bottom of one of the kitchen window seats to stock with canned beverages.

Maddiemom

• des_arc_ya_ya
    Original Author
    18 years ago

LOL I feel your pain! I just went ahead and cleaned off a top shelf in the bottom of my kitchen cabinet and placed all the canned drinks. At least they're out of sight. (Wish they'd become out of mind, but that ain't gonna happen! LOL) Caffeine addicted Ya Ya! LOL

• melle_sacto is hot and dry in CA Zone 9/
    18 years ago

DAYY--we don't have a pantry, either. We bought a large chrome wire shelf to store the things that would have gone in the pantry. Unfortunately it looked awful stocked with all that food, drinks and misc. stuff.

One weekend I decided to switch things around. Now I store all the soft drinks and other pantry type food in two sets of kitchen cabinets (one upper, one lower) and store pots/pans, bakeware, glass dishes, vases and other "nice looking" dishes on the shelf.

• intherain
    18 years ago

Fortunately we have an extra fridge in the garage, so all our pop goes out there. I love it! If I didn't have the fridge, I'd probably stack it by the steps out in the garage, only keeping a few cans in the kitchen fridge at a time (we like our soda cold!).

Sheryl

• smom40
    18 years ago

Like Marie, the garage door is in the kitchen. Down three steps to the left. No need for chilling this time of year! LOL Garage is purty dang cold...

• wantoretire_did
    18 years ago

In the garage, hoping it doesn't get too cold out there so we have to bring it in. No basement and little extra space in the house.

Carol