Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Home Page

Posted by Marie26 (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 24, 05 at 0:52

I am not impressed with the new home page of That Home Site. The forums that I check out do not change colors when I click on them, thus forcing me to scan the different sections. I also miss the one long list of all the forums.

What do you think?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Home Page

Marie, I have to agree; I don't see it as an improvement , just a non warranted change...... don't really see the benefit.....

o

I also agree. The old page was much more user-friendly.

o

Another vote for the old way ...

o

I liked the old way better, too.

o

Another vote for the old way and there are many missing forums. I liked to visit the cars forum and wedding forums. I have sent people to the Grief forum and it is missing also.

o

Weddings is under family. I had trouble also finding it.

o
Moderators: please read

I just noticed that cars is under Miscellany. I hope the moderators will give a complete list of forums that are not divided by section. Also, let the sections we go to become hi-lited in a different color.

o

Thanks Marie, but I just looked and couldn't find Miscellany or Family. What am I doing wrong?

I see only 2 main forum groups: Garden and Home. The subgroup under Home does not contain either title.

o
Try this link

This is the link I finally found to That Home Site:

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/

Is that the one you found?

o

I really like the new page. I think it is much easier to see things than before. It seems so much better organized. Each list is visible on one screen. You don't have to scroll down to see part of the list. I didn't ever look at the alphabetical list of all forums. I was just data, not information, as far as I was concerned.

I found this forum that way and I had not noticed it in 2 years of reading forums.

o

Thanks Marie, I finally saw that I could scroll down farther to find antoher list of forums.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here