Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
thanksgiving thank you for all of you

Posted by mommabird (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 22, 12 at 0:12

My Thanksgiving plans have changed last minute. Two of my sons woke up with respiratory flu (real influenza, not stomach flu) this morning. I took them to the dr, who said it will last 5 to 7 days, and not to expose others to it because our county is already having a very early Influenza A and B season. So, I had to call my family and friends I'd invited and cancel.

The good news is, I've done so much organizing and cleaning in the past week, I'll be able to have a relaxing day with my sons tomorrow. I have a turkey thawed so I'll go ahead and make a meal, even though two of the boys won't eat it.

I'm very thankful for all of you and your encouragement this year. Bless you all.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: thanksgiving thank you for all of you

So sorry they're sick, but I'm glad you'll get to enjoy Thanksgiving.

o

I'm sorry to hear that your boys are ill. Good for you for seeing the silver lining.

I commend you for doing all you have done since you started on this forum; you are an inspiration to all of us.

Barbara

o

I'm glad you're able to enjoy your home!

Our Thanksgiving went off with lots of hitches. But it was a wonderful day w/ all the family.

And I too am planning to enjoy all the decluttering and neatening up that I did!

o

Talley Sue - sorry you had hitches!!!

My day was great. I had to cook the thawed turkey anyway, so I went ahead and made the meal I'd planned: turkey, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, fried corn, corn bread, pumpkin pie, apple pie - all from scratch. It was actually the first time I've ever cooked Thanksgiving and was fun, even if only my kids were here to eat it. Always before we went to my parent's house.

The rest of the weekend I'm finishing up a couple of home improvement projects in anticipation of getting our tree next Saturday. And, of course, continuing to clean and purge!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here