Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
sports closet

Posted by hbh170 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 19, 08 at 22:59

I am trying to design a closet for sporting goods. It needs to hold golf clubs (three bags), skis - 4 pairs; tennis rackets - 4; and all the accessories with golf, tennis and skiing. My space (new construction) is 7' 9" wide and 8' tall with a depth of 32". Has anyone put together a sports closet? Any suggestions on the design or resources for the closet are appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: sports closet

I don't know much about golf equipment, but as a downhill skier, I can say that you do NOT want the type of ski hanger that is just two posts that hold the skis hanging by the tips. It is very hard on the skis to store them that way. You want the type of ski rack that you see in the ski shops -- a stable box on the ground that holds the skis vertically, with the tails in the little compartments of the box. I have seen these for sale online. If you have twin tips, you might have to make something custom.

Good luck on your project! Be sure to design in some flexibility for changing needs in the future.

o
RE: sports closet

What a dream come true to have a sports closet! I have a set of shelves on my enclosed breezeway that is loosely the storage area for tennis, baseball, soccer, & football equipment. Things are always spilling off onto the floor and it's a real mess. The skis & poles are in the garage just kind of falling all over the place. Good luck and please post pictures when you're done, we'd all LOVE to see the finished storage area!

My small suggestion: a shelf with plastic storage bins for balls, one for golf balls and one for tennis balls. A bin for ski gloves, goggles, etc. A bin for golf gloves, towels, etc. A bin for tennis gove, visor, etc.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here