Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Linens & Things Going Out Of Business - Stock Up!

Posted by roxiel (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 24, 08 at 22:58

I went to pick up something at my local LNT & did notice there were more cars in the parking lot than normal. I even remember thinking it was too early for Christmas shopping. Anyway, I was flabbergasted when I went to check out & handed the gal my coupon. She said they no longer accept them b/c they are now owned by the liquidator - everything is on sale, tho and all sales are final. They said ALL LNTs are closing, even the ones in Canada. (SAD!)

Point is, I bought three things. The coupon would have saved me $3 on the highest priced item but w/o the coupon & with the GOOB discount, I saved $2.63. So if you needed alot of lesser priced items for organizing, such as trays, cups & such, this may be a good time to get them.

And then as I walked out, I was embarrassed when I realized there were GOOB sings out front & I'd not even noticed them!

(bowing head in remembrance of LNT)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Linens & Things Going Out Of Business - Stock Up!

...er...that would be GOOB SIGNS out front, not GOOB sings!

o

Oh I'm so sorry. I have one near me, I'll see if I can get any bargains.

o

I went to the one by my house a couple of days ago and didn't notice any sales going on but I've been getting e-mails from them saying that items are 30% off in the going out of business sale.

o

They have things "up to 30% off" and on most items they priced them a little higher and give you 20 or 30% off but you are paying that you would have before the discount.

o

@dd50, that's not true. I have a receipt for a Sonic Scrubber I purchased there on 10/11/8 - full price was 14.99 but I had a coupon so got $3 off. I also purchased the additional package of brushes - regular price was 9.99.

On 10/23/08, I purchased another Sonic Scrubber and set of additional brushes. The receipt shows the Sonic Scrubber at a regular price of 14.99 minus the $1.50 discount. The brushes show the regular price at 9.99 with a $1 discount.

o

The things that I looked at the week before (kitchen gadgets) were $3 - $5 more after the signs. I guess it is YMMV. I am going to wait until they get better with percentage off.

o

In our town they have signs out 70% off. But When I went into the store it was only 10/20% off. Everyone I talked to is really annoyed. Not much of a close out sale.
I did buy an heated bed pad. It doesnt heat very evenly and there are no returns.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here