Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dilly Dally: Get rid of that dinner set !

Posted by lilydilly (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 17, 08 at 22:10

There, did that get you motivated? LOL, I couldn't resist seeing as our names are so similar. You said yourself it has "ugly pink roses", and to someone else they'll be just beautiful. Give them that pleasure.
I've been Lilydilly online for as long as I've needed a cybername. Funny thing is I tried for "Dilly Dilly", because I always loved that song as a kid, "Lavender Blue, Dilly Dilly, Lavender Green". But it was already in use, so I settled for LilyDilly. Yours at least has meaning and would suit me so well, because I'm the expert when it comes to Dilly Dallying......
SO, Dilly Dally, you quit dilly dallying now about that dinner service, and come on here within the week and tell us it's GONE...GOn...go...g........!
Cheers from Lilydilly

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dilly Dally: Get rid of that dinner set !

OMG. OMG. OMG. I was just up there in the attic musing about the whole thing. I checked the time of your post and that is exactly when I was up there. Eerie.

The attic gets so hot in the summer and so cold in the winter, I caught it on the cusp. I did get lots of sorting done and now have my tiny car filled with stuff for Goodwill. I came across the dishes. I had memories of holiday dinners served on them as a kid. I know the history behind them, how my GM saved up for them. They are still up there right now.

I checked out eBid(?) and other brokers. There seems to be no online brokers around anymore. Maybe someone can recommend one?
----

About my name..........I used it because I once had a boyfriend who used to always called to go out me that. Not as an affectionate nickname but he would complain that I 'dilly-dallied' with everything. I took too long getting ready. I had too many projects going - unfinished. I couldn't walk through the mall without stopping at every store to browse or at least window shop. A quick trip to the garage meant stopping to pull weeds from the sidewalk cracks. "You just dilly-dally!! That's your problem!" I figured it was a good screen name for this board. I never used it on any other board.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here