Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
my closet is going in as I type

Posted by movingwest (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 27, 06 at 16:27

here it is so far, he is now building the island in the middle of the room with drawers- that shelf unit under window shelf is a seat. the corner will be a stand up vanity. Curtain and window seat cushion is already made and will match the bedroom.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: my closet is going in as I type

Pure luxury! How wonderful for you! I envy you to be able to store your clothes, shoes, handbags, etc. properly.

o

It looks beautiful, I love the color paint you have in there. Very restful.

o

more progress: next I have to add my grid for hanging my earrings and bracelets. I have two jewelry drawers in the island but that's for the "good stuff".

o

It looks wonderful, I've never seen so many shoes !!!

When you're less busy, you might want to organize your clothes by color, shoes also, it gives out a better visual.

I gradually bought dozens of wood hangers, matching padded hangers, etc.. discounters have them in bunches periodically.

have fun !!

o

FYI
Your clost seems to have alot of windows. It looks like it used to be a bedroom. Many types of fabric is very sensitive to sun light and will fade significantly due to UV. Silk, cotton, wool and leather are particularly prone to UV fading. More synthetic the fiber, the less sensitive to UV fading.

Just a caution.

o

Thanks for the tip and yes it was a bedroom and is now a dressing room. curtains have been put up and the window is a north facing one. Up here in the Pacific NW one would rather have any and all available light than worry about the UV effects on clothing. just gives me an excuse for more shopping :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here