Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
goodbyekitty_gw

Neat Freaks closet organizers

goodbyekitty
13 years ago

Finally getting new carpet and of course that means I need to buy new window treatments and a closet organizer. Can anyone with this system tell me how how much weight it can hold?

I mean I could probably put our suitcases on the floor or move them somewhere else, but would they be able to hold that much weight on the top shelf?

Comments (5)

• graywings123
    13 years ago

Call the company and ask them:
    The Neat Freaks Closet Solutions, Inc
    Toll Free Phone:

• goodbyekitty
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Would like someone to answer who actually has the system. I'm afraid of biased answers from someone who works there.

• westvillager
    13 years ago

Hmm, I'd give them a call too. Perhaps someone has used the exact system you're looking at, but anything mounted to the wall will hold a substantial amount of weight for closet-related items. If it's freeform and wouldn't support your suitcases, I'd be terrified of hanging a row of shirts and hangers!

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    13 years ago

From their site linked below:

How is the closet shelving mounted?

Pine - Our John Louis Home systems are "off the floor" mounting systems. We utilize three universal bracket types that are secured onto the walls. The shelves are then locked into the brackets. Since the shelving covers the majority of the brackets, minimal hardware is in view. Because the closet system is raised, floor space is open and clear of any obstructions.

Hardwood - Our hardwood systems can either be "off the floor" or rest on the floor, depending on your desire or need. There is no metal hardware with these systems. All of the supports are made of Ash Shelving connects directly to other shelving, creating an "all wood" look.

I think the shelf would hold it just fine, ie would not break of buckle. It is the 'proper' installations of the brackets by you or an installer that holds the shelf, that would be of greater concern to me. Properly anchored into studs should surely hold the weight of suitcases and more.

Here is a link that might be useful: Neat Freaks

• hardee38
    13 years ago

I agree with contacting the company just in case :)