Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
holly_bc

Oils + Such Storage - Carpentry Help -- TS?

holly_bc
16 years ago

Anyone is welcome to weigh in on this. I particularly mentioned TS as I understand she's a *wannabe Carpenter* and know she is a 'solution oriented / where there's a will . . .' kinda gal. :-))

All the base cabinets in my kitchen are framed. I would like to install a pull-out much as you often see for spices but larger to hold all the Crisco/OO/Ketchup yadda type bottles. I'd have to have this made but that isn't the challenge. I can see the bottom guide for said pullout attaching to the bottom of the cupboard no prob. The 'top' of the cupboard is the bottom of the drawer above. Problem there. As it's a middle cupboard (another on each side) I'm thinking a piece of 1/2" or whatever plywood/mdf could be nailed in from either side creating a place for the top mount guide. Does this sound feasible?

I'm renovating an old kitchen and as I loved the tile counter tops & long and short, base cabinets are base cabinets, didn't want to pull all those out and begin from scratch. However in making this decision, and in order to get what I want, I need to do a considerable amount of head scratching and figurin'!

I know I could ask this on Carpentry but I'm thinking I'd get more no's than yes's. I could ask this on Kitchen's but the majority are more into new stuff not converting old stuff. So I though I'd ask here as most are concerned with working with what they do have rather than rip/tear + start from square one. Make sense?

Thanks for your input.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022