Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vwbrownthumb

Disturbing dreams, etc.

VWbrownthumb
9 years ago

I've been away for a bit, but I didn't disappear! Just - busy.

I am care-taker for my 83 yr old mom. She's actually real healthy, physically, but a life-long hoarder. Now, with her age and health getting more sketchy (nothing firm, just age) I worry about her falling, breaking hip, whatever. Because *I* have to take care of her, and she's hard enough to deal with NOT hurt.So, here's the thing - I can't do anything about her "junk", can't get her to even let me put books on the shelf. It's a nightmare. I try to accept it, sometimes I actually do.

Lately, probably given to my inability to DO anything, I am having these dreams. She's dead, and I forbid anyone from coming around, and spend days and days throwing crap away, donating what I can, CLEARING OUT HER JUNK! Honestly, I made thousands of dollars in these dreams, selling stuff off. It was so detailed, it made me nervous. I actually told her I had nightmares of her being buried under stuff if we had an earthquake, she walked out of the room, wouldn't talk to me.

So, am I nuts? Or just so disgusted and annoyed I can't deal with it anymore? Is this normal?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments (2)