Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amandan_gw

Wow, there's a ROOM in here!

amandan
16 years ago

I finally got to the bottom of my "pit of doom." I claimed this room when we moved in in May, intending it to be a craft room/home office space. But it hasn't really been usable, since, as we unpacked, everything that didn't have a home ended up in here. It's been piled knee-deep with half-empty boxes and debris for the last few months.

I spent most of last night working on it, and I think I have finally removed everything that doesn't belong. Put up pegboard and shelving for supplies, fixed and set up my computer-- no more sharing with my husband, hurrah!

The only thing that remains to be done is to tackle the closet. It's housing my yarn and fabric collection, but it's not adequately organized-- things keep toppling over and getting lost. I'm thinking about getting some of that cheap wire shelving from the hardware store and putting shelves in at 1-foot intervals most of the way up. The bottom 3 feet of the closet will be left open to store bulkier stuff like batting. Once I've finished working on holiday presents, I'm also going through and getting rid of any yarn and fabric that I will NEVER, ever, make something from. Like that polyester pinstripe suiting. It has "Goodwill" written all over it. :D

Comments (4)