Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
how I keep my shower curtain from gapping open at the end

Posted by talley_sue_nyc (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 2, 13 at 21:46

I installed a Command hook inside the shower (spaced it the same distance as the space between the shower-curtain holes).

Then I took off the last shower-curtain hook, and I hook the shower curtain over the stick-on hook.

This makes the shower curtain turn the corner and STAY inside the enclosure.

I also push the last shower-curtain hook up against the wall.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: how I keep my shower curtain from gapping open at the end

And here's what it looks like in the other shower (It's a stall shower, so I did it on both ends).

o

What a smart idea!

o

When the shower wall gets a little damp (you can swipe some water across it), then the shower curtain sticks to the wall even better!

o

I use sticky velcro!

o

That's smart, too! (more work, though, if you have to sew the velcro to the shower curtain--I'm amazingly lazy sometimes)

Where do you put the velcro? I realized I was imagining that you position it in the same place as that hook, but that's silly.

So how is it attached (did you sew it to the curtain? I'd be afraid the sticky kind would peel off the fabric, or even a bendable vinyl)? And where is it--at the top, side, bottom?

Post a pic!

This post was edited by talley_sue_nyc on Fri, Sep 6, 13 at 22:02

o

My shower liners have suction cups on the edges.
We just use those (no additional work at all!).

o

To you have an iron tub.....magnets on the sides of the shower curtain will hold it to the tub. I like the suction cups on the edges also.

o

Mine has suction cups on the side. I pull the lower one inward and it helps keep the water out.

o

Magnets don't work well enough; neither do suction cups. Maybe it's this tub or something, but I still get water rolling off the tub. I needed something that would carry the TOP of the shower curtain around, so that it wasn't pulling the bottom of it back out.

o

Nice solution!

o

That's a great idea!

o

Talley Sue; I always look for your posts. You are my organizing hero!

I just hung a new shower curtain. Guess who's going to pick up a few Command hooks tomorrow?

o

The suctions cups worked for me. I wet the shower wall with my hand first.

o

I found w/ suction cups or magnets, the shower curtain itself pulled against them more than I liked; they tended to give way.

o

And thanks, Caroline--that's quite a compliment! I hope your version of the shower-curtain hook works for you!

o

I do exactly the same thing! My husband thought I was nuts, good to know others do the same!

o

I used sticky velcro on my Mom's shower curtain. No sew, just stick and use. Placed one about 12" down from top of curtain and another about 12" above the tub.
works great for her.
I have the suction cups on my curtain.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here