Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
talley_sue_nyc

how I keep my shower curtain from gapping open at the end

talley_sue_nyc
10 years ago

I installed a Command hook inside the shower (spaced it the same distance as the space between the shower-curtain holes).

Then I took off the last shower-curtain hook, and I hook the shower curtain over the stick-on hook.

This makes the shower curtain turn the corner and STAY inside the enclosure.

I also push the last shower-curtain hook up against the wall.

Comments (17)

• pammyfay
    10 years ago

What a smart idea!

• talley_sue_nyc
    Original Author
    10 years ago

When the shower wall gets a little damp (you can swipe some water across it), then the shower curtain sticks to the wall even better!

• kathyg_in_mi
    10 years ago

I use sticky velcro!

• talley_sue_nyc
    Original Author
    10 years ago

That's smart, too! (more work, though, if you have to sew the velcro to the shower curtain--I'm amazingly lazy sometimes)

Where do you put the velcro? I realized I was imagining that you position it in the same place as that hook, but that's silly.

So how is it attached (did you sew it to the curtain? I'd be afraid the sticky kind would peel off the fabric, or even a bendable vinyl)? And where is it--at the top, side, bottom?

Post a pic!

This post was edited by talley_sue_nyc on Fri, Sep 6, 13 at 22:02

• LuAnn_in_PA
    10 years ago

My shower liners have suction cups on the edges.
    We just use those (no additional work at all!).

• erinsean
    10 years ago

To you have an iron tub.....magnets on the sides of the shower curtain will hold it to the tub. I like the suction cups on the edges also.

• emma
    10 years ago

Mine has suction cups on the side. I pull the lower one inward and it helps keep the water out.

• talley_sue_nyc
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Magnets don't work well enough; neither do suction cups. Maybe it's this tub or something, but I still get water rolling off the tub. I needed something that would carry the TOP of the shower curtain around, so that it wasn't pulling the bottom of it back out.

• daybydaybyday
    10 years ago

Nice solution!

• justgotabme
    10 years ago

That's a great idea!

• caroline94535
    10 years ago

Talley Sue; I always look for your posts. You are my organizing hero!

I just hung a new shower curtain. Guess who's going to pick up a few Command hooks tomorrow?

• emma
    10 years ago

The suctions cups worked for me. I wet the shower wall with my hand first.

• talley_sue_nyc
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I found w/ suction cups or magnets, the shower curtain itself pulled against them more than I liked; they tended to give way.

• talley_sue_nyc
    Original Author
    10 years ago

And thanks, Caroline--that's quite a compliment! I hope your version of the shower-curtain hook works for you!

• kon45
    10 years ago

I do exactly the same thing! My husband thought I was nuts, good to know others do the same!

• kathyg_in_mi
    10 years ago

I used sticky velcro on my Mom's shower curtain. No sew, just stick and use. Placed one about 12" down from top of curtain and another about 12" above the tub.
    works great for her.
    I have the suction cups on my curtain.