Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tripletmom83

Easy way to declutter

tripletmom83
9 years ago

Yesterday DH asked me what I was going to do all day while he went to his golf tournament today. I told him I was planning to go through the spare bedroom and declutter and organize. I could see the worried look on his face. So I went about my business doing chores in other rooms. I heard him in there, and I knew what he was doing. He was so afraid I was going to get rid of his stuff that he beat me to it. He cleaned out and organized the whole room! That was easy!

Comments (6)

• Plow_In
    9 years ago

Now that's funny. Very sneaky, but clever.

• talley_sue_nyc
    9 years ago

Too funny.

Way to go!

• annkh_nd
    9 years ago

Lucky you! That would not happen in my house! After 27 years of marriage, I've given up on getting DH to organize or throw things away.

I once went through his closet, and pulled out all the shirts that I thought should go, either to the rag bag or rummage sale. I even made it easy for him, putting the shirts in two piles on the bed. I'll bet there were 20. All but 2 went back into the closet!

I've implemented a rule where he can't hang up a new shirt without getting rid of an old one, but it's a battle every time.

• grandmamaloy
    9 years ago

SO funny...I WISH that would work on my husband. WE have a garage that needs a humongous cleaning and organizing job. I have done it twice during our marriage of 14 years and am drawing the line! I've actually thought of hiring it out...but I worry about all the 'stuff' that's valuable in there. A BUNCH of woodworking tools and stuff, but right now it's so disorganized he couldn't possibly work in there. I think my answer is going to be to buy a shed so he can move stuff out of the garage and trash the shed as well. :( Any helpful ideas?

• esga
    9 years ago

I have been married for 2 years but don't live with my husband yet because neither of us has space for the other. We've had plans approved to renovate his detached garage as living space, which will be a kind of studio for me. Approval came 2 weeks ago. The garage is still full of stuff he can't get rid of, even though I hired someone to haul away a truckload in the spring. So now we are waiting for DH to (1) contract with someone to build a shed for the garden tools we want to keep and (2) get the rest cleaned out.

So now it's clear who's holding us up . . . I don't know what will happen. When things get adopted into his life, they don't leave (except his ex).

• daddymarkus
    9 years ago

I see what you did there. Nicely played haha!

Sponsored
Longhouse Architects
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Prominent Architecture Firm Creating Cohesive Designs