Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marie26_gw

My new organizing system

marie26
16 years ago

Last year, when I did my first culling and organizing in the house, I wrote a list of everything I needed to do. I had done a great job but I still felt like I hadn't done enough.

This year, I decided to redo all the cupboards and drawers in the house so I put the list (numbered) on the computer. When I'd finish each item or part of each item, I moved it to another numbered list. Seeing all the "done" ones (which I hilighted in yellow to stand out) has really kept me going. And I can see clearly the items that I still need to do and choose which one I should work on, depending on the time available.

I've also added calls to make or appointments made on this list. It has really kept me on top of everything. I still use my small purse calendar for doctor appointments but everything else goes on the computer. The best part is that it's replaced all those bits of paper which has been a major downfall of mine.

Another thing I started to do is to type in a Word document all the conversations I was having recently with my satellite TV supplier. They cancelled on my twice and then didn't even bother to show up the third time. It really was much easier to type in each conversation and now it's in the computer and I was able to refer to the date and CSR I spoke to when I had to call them back. From now on, I will do this for any future "problems".

Comments (4)