Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RE: cleaning tips

Posted by arizonarose (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 26, 08 at 14:33

Has anyone noticed the lack of activity on the cleaning tip forums? I tried to post there a few days ago, and my post never showed up. The last post I see there is from 9/22. Just curious if it's me or what.

Actually, the question I tried to post there was concerning how you fold your bath towels to take up less room...I sort of semi-roll mine. That's probably more of an organizing question then a cleaning question.

so...firstly is the cleaning tips forum on the blink, and how do you fold or roll your towels?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RE: cleaning tips

I've noticed that as well. I responded to the post at the top, titled "Spray Cleaning Oils." My response appears, but the counter for that thread isn't showing it.

Something is wrong over there. I believe it started with the thread "Cleaning Up In the Heat" which apparently is a reference to something in the Hot Topics forum on GardenWeb. All of the threads disappeared for a while and then came back.

o

Everything was wiped out on the cleaning forum during the weekend. Then it came back but a question I posted didn't appear when it returned.

o

o

I fold my bath towels in half and then half again. Hand towel I fold in thirds and then half so I can just place them on the counter. I don't keep that many towels because I don't like when the linen closet gets overstuffed. I keep two sets of towels per person plus have about 12 beach towels. I do laundry all the time so it hasn't been a problem.

o

Yes, there is a glitch over there in the cleaning tips forum. New posts are not being posted.

graywings I saw your *test* post, so replies are making it through. Just no new threads.

dd50, I fold mine in half, then half again like you, but then I roll them so they are more narrow and I can get two rows one in front & one behind. But...they are thicker so I can't stack them as high. If I just do the 1/2 and 1/2 fold they are too wide and don't fit well on the narrow shelves, oh the dilemma...lol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here